Monday, August 23, 2010

Sam's baby shower

So remember this wedding card? Well a year or 2 later... it's time for... then comes baby in the baby carriage! Gosh 2 years go so fast!

If you notice a theme with me, I always have blue in stock. I love blue. And for this card it was Aqua mist baby! We were in a little bit of a time crunch so I made it postcard style. I printed the shower details onto ivory pearlescent paper (Paper Source). I stamped the little peapod from Green Thumbs in New Leaf and the inner peas with Spring Moss. Then I added the little baby face from Bitty Baby Blessings. The sentiment was curved a little bit to fit alongside the peapod. If you want to know the fonts I used... let me know, I forgot which ones exactly.

I matted the ivory onto a piece of lemon tart CS. Then for the base, I ran aqua mist through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder and attached both layers onto it. I felt that the embossing was enough to not warrant an more embellishments.

One thing to note is that on shimmery paper like that, the Pallette/original PTI ink dries but just takes awhile. Also when stamping you have to be a little more careful to prevent smudging.

Have a great day!!

No comments: