Monday, September 20, 2010

Dino-mite!!

Since getting PTI's Tiny Treats: Valentine I have been dying to use the little dinosaur image.  As you well know, I love "punny" sayings and this stamp set is CHOCK full of them.  I really wanted to incorporate the dino image for T's first birthday but ended up going another direction.  This set is not only good for making Valentine's cards but can be used for pretty much any occassion.

So here's my card... well cards... I figured since I had pulled out my supplies, I should make at least 5. :)

I started out by stamping the "label" image that comes with the set with PTI New Leaf ink.  The dotted line is part of the image.  Then stamped the dino image and sentiment with black ink.  Then I took Copics and colored the dino in.  It's such a small image so coloring in 5 of them didn't take too long.  I took care to shade a little bit with a darker green.  I punched the image out with my pink Marvy Mega Circle punch.  I matted the circle with a scallop circle shape in Aqua Mist (Marvy Mega Scallop punch).  I went back I outlined the dino image with a very light blue copic color after I had matted the white circle.  I think it pulled everything together with the blue & green.


For the kraft paper matte layer I stamped Polka Dot Basics II background on the bottom half, again with New Leaf.  Then used scor-tape & glitter to create a border of some sorts.  The main image was adhered with foam dots for some dimension.

To finish things off, I added a little loop of swiss dots aqua mist ribbon next to the sentiment that was stamped then cut out.  For some visual interest, I rounded the corners of one end of the sentiment using my Fiskars 1/4" corner rounder sqeeze punch.  I did the same to all 4 corners of the kraft layer. I used sentiments from my other sets, Shapes by Design & Fillable Frames #1.  Either mini-rhinestones or regular rhinestones were added then "colorized" with a matching copic marker.


I decided to make a few of the cards birthday cards and the rest thank you cards.  I also love adding a little preview of the card on the envelope.  So now they are all ready to go!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: